[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #574

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest V1 #574
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Mon Jul 20 01:10:27 1998
At 11:45 PM 7/19/98 -0400, N4KG wrote:
>During S & P, I will give the DX station 2 or maybe 3 contacts
>to identify. If he does not, I dump in my call and ask for his.

Agreed.

Further, if he still doesn't ID (sometimes, they don't..) I'll wait another
*one* QSO.  (maybe more if the zone suggests they'll be a double mult<g>)
If they still don't ID, I scratch the QSO.  And under the new CQ procedures,
it's scratched from the DX's log too.  (except it was probably a dupe so
they lost it anyway!)

I have this fantasy that, someday, someone is going wait so long to ID - and
is going to have so many people give up & scratch the QSO - that they lose
enough points to get disqualified.  Unfortunately, it's probably just a
fantasy...

73 Doug