[CQ-Contest] SIGNING CALLS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SIGNING CALLS
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Thu Jul 23 03:17:37 1998
<SNIP>
under some conditions, where
one might not send your callsign after every exchange. This would depend on
the operator and the nature of the pileup.
<END OF SNIP>

Well I had a chance to test this theory on my recent trip to Z3.
I tried to work two guys before each repeat of my callsign, almost every
time I would get someone saying "what's your call?"
I finally ended up just repeating the call after every QSO. Your jaw gets
tired after repeating Z38/NO6X phonetically hundreds of times.
Allthough I was lucky to get to use Z38X in WPX SSB and that is a much much
nicer call to repeat after every QSO. And I don't think it slowed my rate
one bit.
In the last 10 meter contest I seen the rate hit over 300/hr and still
signed my call after every qso.
So if there is a case where it is not beneficial, I have yet to find it.
Allthough what does a dumb kid from California know.
73
Mike...NO6X aka NM6Q in the contests