[CQ-Contest] post contest log corrections

Subject: [CQ-Contest] post contest log corrections
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Wed Jul 1 15:09:55 1998
At 08:04 PM 6/30/98 EDT, you wrote:

>In a message dated 98-06-29 12:08:40 EDT, SOMEBODY wrote:
>
><< I have no problems with an operator reviewing his logs before submitting
> them and making corrections >>
>
>In all my years of contesting in the CQWWDX contest, I have ALWAYS understood
>that post contest MODIFICATIONS of callsigns is NOT ALLOWED.  When the
>conteste is OVER, the contest is OVER.  Changing/modifying a callsign from
one
>that you believe/know is BAD to one that is/might be GOOD, is contrary to
>concept of a competition held over 48 hours.  You can tape record whatever
you
>want, LEARN about your errors, etc., but you simply can NOT change a callsign
>or "fill in a missing or wrong letter" once the contest is over.  As far as I
>know, and NOBODY has ever told me otherwise, this has been the policy for
>decades...and it only makes sense!

Doug I have to question what you say because I don't believe you have
experience using the many different contest programs for logging a contest.
Some of these contest programs make it almost inpossible to fix mistakes
from typos during the contest. With these programs you are FORCED to make a
note and fix the entry with an editor after the contest is over.

Are you saying that a KNOWN typo cannot be fixed after a contest is over?
That surprises me and I think that rule would only be practical if all
participants were using the same software to equalize their reporting
environments. Otherwise many of the contest program authors would have to
provide better 'real time' methods to fix mistakes and problems during the
contest.

Your interpertation of the rules is too harsh because log preparation for
submission has many aspects that isn't cheating. I don't think you can
impose such strict limitations for everyone and all software situations. I
will only believe what you say is true when I read it in the CQWW rules.

Not every program works like CT.

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na