[CQ-Contest] IARU Mults

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU Mults
From: bhorn@hornucopia.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Fri Jul 10 22:14:17 1998
Upon reading the 1998 IARU rules (QST, Apr 1998, p. 109), my initial
reaction was to agree with Bill, W4AN, that each IARU official worked
counted as a multiplier.

Rules quote:
"8) Multipliers. Total number of ITU zones plus IARU member-society HQ
stations and IARU officials worked on each frequency band..."

However, after reading the rest of the sentence, I agree with Dave, K8CC,
that the IARU officials count as a maximum of 4 mults per band.

Rest of rules quote:
8) contd. "with IARU officials worked representing a maximum of four
multipliers per band: AC, R1, R2, R3."

Therefore, it doesn't make any difference how many officials of the
executive committee you work for one region -- it counts as one multiplier
on that band. The bottom line is that there are four additional mults
available per band: AC, R1, R2, R3.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)