[CQ-Contest] own country 0;other 3

Subject: [CQ-Contest] own country 0;other 3
From: lu5cw@geocities.com (LU5CW Ernesto Grueneberg)
Date: Tue Aug 4 01:05:06 1998
Hello.

This thread has been very interesting to me. I don't agree with N6TJ's
suggestion. I believe that if this issue is so popular here in the reflector
is because many US stations go on DXpeditions to NA. So why don't we get to
the real issue. US DXpeditioners want 3 points from NA(no US) to US. So I
propose that the exception to the rule in contacts with your own continent
(currently 1 point except 2 for na/na qso) is changed to 3 points for na/na
QSOs. If you make 3 points QSOs with other country the big losers would be
us (south SA and OC).
See it this way: LU to F would be worth the same as EA to F.
The europeans already have their separate listings in CQWW

Saludos
Ernesto Grueneberg - LU5CW (ex LU2BRG & LU6BEG)
<mailto:lu5cw@geocities.com>
LU5CW homepage <http://lu5cw.base.org>
LT1F homepage: <http://badpower.com.ar>