[CQ-Contest] DH prefix?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DH prefix?
From: troesne@gwdg.de (troesne@gwdg.de)
Date: Tue Aug 11 19:06:19 1998
At 22:49 10.08.1998 +0100, you wrote:

>I wonder if one of our German friends could comment on the DH
>prefix. I worked several this weekend in WAE. Is it just another
>prefix like DJ, DK, DL, or something special?
>Tnx/Barry
>--
>Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
>Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com

Hy Barry,
the DH callsigns were used by HF-Novice OPs (only 30 letters
per minute in CW and some lesser technical/law/etc. "points" were
needed). In former times (before the 1st may this year)
they are only allowed to operate VHF/and up, on HF only 10m
and some parts of 80m in SSB/CW, and a small portion on 15m in CW
with limited power (150 Watts)

After the revision of the german HAM laws and licence-system they were
grouped together with the old "B-Licence" class holders (DF,DK,DL,DJ,
DA1,DA2 prefixes) into the new class 1. The old codeless "C-licence"
(DA3, DA4, DB, DC, DD, DG prefixes) into the new codeless class 2.
That was (partly) made because of the configuration of the CEPT licence
format (with class 1 and 2 also).
BTW, we have now a third class as well, not CEPT-valid, with DO prefixes
on VHF and up (with much lesser requirements for the exams)
and you will be able to work also DN prefixes now also. The DN is for
"education"
purposes, DN-Calls are operated by unlicenced Ops under the direct supervision
of a licencee on their way to a real HAM-licence.

Hope that's enough informations for now...hi

73 es GDX
Tom
DL8AAM  /  5Z4GD