[CQ-Contest] WAE - an opinion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WAE - an opinion
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Thu Aug 13 08:42:53 1998

I believe that any 2nd tier contest (as is the WAE) should be 24 hours or
less in duration.  (I would argue the ARRL DX is also 2nd tier BTW). I
consider myself a pretty avid contester.  You aren't going to find many
people more pro-contest.  So if I'm not going to operate 48 hours in a
2nd tier contest, who is?  My contention is... not many.

I would also agree with G4BUO in regards to packet.  I personally dont
believe that +Packet should NOT be the default single-op category for any
contest.  If it is a category at all, it is in addition to SingleOp.

As far as QTCs...  I find them a unique aspect of the contest.
Every contest should be unique.  It works for me.

The DARC would do well to shorten the event and rid the single-ops of
packet.

73

Bill, W4AN