[CQ-Contest] The Ideal Club

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Ideal Club
From: jmlowman@ix.netcom.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Thu Aug 13 17:34:19 1998
Lee Buller wrote:

> How many of you guys are unhappy with the local club because the are a
> bunch of yahoos?

Not so much a bunch of yahoos, but promoting just about every interest
group
(RACES, packet, repeaters) that doesn't include HF, DX or contesting.
We
are losing the OTs in large numbers; myself included.

All the local clubs are suffering a similar fate.

> Last Comment:  I am really burned out on local clubs.  This is what makes
> the lists so marvelous because there are so many people of like minds.

Precisely the reason that QRP clubs, FISTS and like-minded organizations
are
booming, and local clubs are dying.

73 de Jim - AD6CW