[CQ-Contest] Rates

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rates
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spencer Lazar)
Date: Fri Aug 14 09:08:50 1998
    K1DG, you wrote:

>I recently posted a claim that I once ran 325 European stations
>in one hour on SSB. A noteworthy correspondent legitimately
>challenged that claim.

    I shall second that challenge! The truth of the matter is that
    Doug was running away from 325 mad Europeans when the pizzas
    didn't arrive an the Miami Room. (Dayton HamVention)

    I once went to a 24 hour pharmacy and it was closed. The next
    day I called the owner and complained. He told me that he is
    open 24 hours, but not all at one time.

    And finally what's so hot about working 325 Europeans in an
    hour?  I saw K4OJ eat 325 anchovies in less than a hour and
    he still had time to slurp down a six pack of beer.

    Now Doug, when you can do better than that and still operate
    a contest come back and tell us.

    Sincerely,
    dr. Bafoofnik

    p.s.,
    What's so special about about a W8AH qsl card? I happen to know
    for a fact that K3ZO has a matched pair of W8AH autographed
    jock straps!