[CQ-Contest] headphones

Subject: [CQ-Contest] headphones
From: bschwerdlin@hlb.com (Bob Schwerdlin)
Date: Mon Aug 17 09:32:28 1998
I also have an FT-1kD and I had Heil cans.  They SUCK!
I went to my local Circuit City store and bought a pair of KLH headphones,
for around $40.00  When I got home and plugged them in to the 1000D, I was
astonished at the quality of sound I was getting.  I then did an A/B test
and within the week, I had canabalized my Heil headset and removed the boom
arm mic and adapted it to my new KLH cans.  It looks kinda' ugly, but it's
fairly comfortable and has the Heil mic on it and it sounds GREAT!

I'm VERY happy with my mod on this VERY important piece of gear.

73 and best DX,

... Bob, WG9L, V31RC, FP/WB9VLV