[CQ-Contest] SS Multi Band Change is Official

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Multi Band Change is Official
From: k0hb@juno.com (Hans Brakob)
Date: Wed Sep 16 15:36:13 1998
K5FUV was reported to have said:

> One of the points of the rules exercise was to bring many of our
> contest rules into greater uniformity.

Red flag!

'Greater uniformity' doesn't strike me as a 'Good Thing'.  Each contest
ought to be *different* from each other one, suggesting different
strategies, appealing to different competitors, exploiting
different skill sets, and provoking different 'station engineering'
decisions.

Diversity in rules, not uniformity, should be the goal.

73, Hans, K0HB