[CQ-Contest] Automating ICE 419 Bandpass filters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Automating ICE 419 Bandpass filters
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun Nov 1 10:59:35 1998
Contesters:

I am trying to automate my ICE 419 bandpass filters much in
the same fashion as I have automated my antenna switching.
I've run into a problem, and perhaps someone can help point
me in the right direction.

I am using antenna switches that receive their 12-volt relay
current directly from the band decoders.  In fact, the voltage
comes directly from the Icom's ACC2 jack, and is passed to the
antenna relays via the band decoder.  I am using both TopTen
and LTA band decoders, with TopTen and Ameritron antenna switches.
Works fine with all units.

Now I wish to automate my ICE 419 bandpass filters as well.
I know that I can use diodes to "join" 10-15-20 meters for
the antenna switch, yet still maintain a 1:1 band relationship
for the bandpass filter.  So far so good.

The problem I'm having is that the ICE 419 looks to have a pin go
to *ground* to choose the selected filter.  I see 12V on the 419
band pinouts, which when grounded selects the BFP for that band.
The band decoder meanwhile, is supplying 12V to select the proper
antenna.  I'd like to know if I can use the band decoder to both
a) select the proper antenna and b) select the proper BPF.  The
problem I'm having is that one device wants 12V, and the other wants
a pin grounded.  Is it possible to automate both with a single band
decoder?  Perhaps I missing something obvious?

Is anyone out there automating their ICE 419 BPFs and antenna switches
simultaneously who could help shed some light on this?  Thanks for any
suggestions.

-Kirk  K4RO