[CQ-Contest] Real Old

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Real Old
From: n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Mon Nov 2 23:35:25 1998
K4BAI wrote:

>Hello Jim:  I deny being over the hill.

I'm with John.  Since contesters seem to like to delve into the past try
this one:

        I won a section certificate in CW SS once in the dimmer-past.  There
were
73 sections that year.  Two of them were EASTERN Florida and WESTERN
Florida.  The power limit was raised from 100 to 150 watts that year.  The
state I live in now was in the ARRL Division that I lived in and operated
from then.  My call in the QST results listing is the only one in that
Division with an asterisk next to it.

        For 100 QSO points:  What year was it?
        For 50 QSO points:   What did the asterisk mean?
        For the 73 Section Mults:  What was my call?

Those with a perfect score of 10,950 have too much time on their hands and
a lot of old QST's!

73, Charles

Charles W. Shaw, N5UL
Hobbs, NM (near the SE corner)