[CQ-Contest] Fwd: IC775DSP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: IC775DSP
From: wf3h@enter.net (bob puharic)
Date: Thu Nov 12 01:12:29 1998

Va3mg@aol.com wrote:

> I would like to ask contest people who have used the TS950SDX and mybe the
> IC775DSP during contest what their views are on the two rigs?
> Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

I've got the 775dsp and find it's a strong performer. I'm a member of the
Frankford Radio Club (the greatest contest club in the UNIVERSE) and have used
it
extensively in the CQ and ARRL contests. It's good for a multi/multi operation
because it's relatively insensitive to overload. With its dual VFO's its easy to
call CQ on one freq and search and pounce on the other, etc...

biggest disadvantages? seems weird that icom forgot to put a CRT ONLY in their
high priced radio...and having to remember to hit the 'main' button before
entering a freq on the keypad..otherwise your last freq goes to never never
land...