[CQ-Contest] Impossible to operate from Mexican island (Isla Mujeres)?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Impossible to operate from Mexican island (Isla Mujeres)? Wanna do 10m contest from there!
From: windev@inetmarket.com (Gerry Hull)
Date: Thu Nov 12 11:43:35 1998
Hello All,

QRZ anyone in the know on this issue...

I was lucky enough to get some inexpensive tickets to the Mexican Carrib; I'll
be there during the ARRL 10m contest & thought it would be fun to play
>from there...

I've checked with the "standard" authorities, and the basic answer I got
was "it is not possible."

Am I againt a brick wall, or what?  Any insight would be appreciated!

73,

-Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
        w1ve@mgef.org
        ve1rm@rac.ca