R: [CQ-Contest] Gap Voyager

Subject: R: [CQ-Contest] Gap Voyager
From: t77wi@inthenet.sm (T77WI)
Date: Wed Nov 11 23:20:54 1998
Hi Bob,
Our Radio Club T70A used The Gap Voyager for one year,
two problems:
1 - here we have some windy seasons with more than 120Km/h and the Gap isn't
good
2 - On 160 the Gap Voyager have big noise (is a vertical of course)
for three times the wind destroyed the antenna on the central part where is
the attachment for the high part of antenna. On the last we used the Gap to
build a quater wave for 40!!! :-(
...... if you haven't space on the roof or around your site and
you haven't some wind problem this antenna is a good compromise otherwise
Bye 73 de T77WI Giancarlo