[CQ-Contest] comments on 10 Meter contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] comments on 10 Meter contest
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Mon Dec 14 21:00:33 1998
 Hello all
  AS I posted earlier I had a great time in the contest. I had a few
problems but they were all part of the game.  I missed working Croatia
and Slovenia (sp) because of a few W1 stations wiping them out when they
transmitted. Nothing to do about it  I almost asked them to QSY but I
knew how much luck I would have had HI HI.
  I've read the thread on the non contest window on 10 and I can tell
you that it was useless to the non contesters as they was a strong W6
station on the bottom edge of the window and a strong W1 station on the
top end between the 2 of them they QRMed the window completely here.
 Now I'm not complaining about the strong W1 stations I'm sure they were
operating "clean" but heck they was one station in either Maine or
Vermont that when I turned across him he was putting out 20 db over S9
in Texas!! He had one BIG signal
  The only other problems I had was from people trying QRMing the
contesters. At one point it seemed that one guy was following me up and
down the band sending out a carrier every time I found a new multi, but
it was probably just several lids on the band.
  I did hear a lid sending CW in the phone portion of the band and I was
able to copy some of it but none of it could be posted here HIHI but
basically I think he was telling us what we could do with our contesting
lots of four letter words.
 Any way my thoughts from here in Texas
73
Rick