[CQ-Contest] Celebrate 10 Meters!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Celebrate 10 Meters!
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 16 07:00:44 1998
Wow, lots of negative waves about the 10M contest! Get over it guys.

I have been on a 17 year sabbatical from serious competition, but I've tried
to always make an appearance in this "minor" contest. Based on this year's
participation, 10 meters is THE band. I had 1720 Q's on CW only, and made very
few more Q's than that in mixed mode in the last sunspot peak. That's 1720
different folks...ON CW!

Who said our hobby was waning? US participation was huge. Lots of Euros and
281 JA's from this location, and the flux was only 145. What's it going to be
like when the band is really open????

This was my first serious single op from NV. The first day, I thought NV was a
big drawing card. By Saturday night, I had 8 NV stations in my log, so the 140
per hour rates were just lots of folks having a good time.

The discussion on the NCCC reflector was extremely upbeat. Everyone I have
talked with had an absolute ball. Forget the petty squabbles. Go to your local
radio club and tell everyone that the golden days of ham radio are coming
back, and we are having FUN!

Tom, K5RC/7
aka K7GJ
Virginia City, NV