[CQ-Contest] CT 9.23 & RAC winter contest?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CT 9.23 & RAC winter contest?
From: zf2nt@candw.ky (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Sun Dec 20 18:30:50 1998
Mike & Coreen wrote:

> My question is this:
>
> I think this subject has been broached before, but is there a way to get CT v
> 9.23 to work in
> the RAC Winter contest coming up Dec 27th?

You can just "sort of" get it to work by telling it you're operating
CQP.  You edit the California counties file  (cqp.dat) to contain
Canadian provinces instead of California counties.  At least you can
then log both CW and SSB and keep track of dupes.  However, CQP counts
multipliers once per contest, while the RAC contests count them by band
and by mode.  So if you do this, you'll have to keep a separate count of
multipliers, by band and by mode.  Also, when the contest is over, you
will go nuts trying to figure out your score.  There just isn't any
other contest I know of that has the 2/10/20 point spread that the RAC
contests do.

A better alternative to all the above is to get TRlog.  It does a very
good job for the RAC contests, and you can email your log the minute the
contest is over.  (Or, you could spend the next 8 hours trying to do it
by hand from a CT log!)  However, I say with tongue in cheek, I suggest
you not wait until 5 minutes before the contest starts to look in the
user's manual.  You're not going to figure TR out on the spot the way
you probably did CT.

73,
Bruce, ZF2NT