HA: [CQ-Contest] Re: New WPX Rule

Subject: HA: [CQ-Contest] Re: New WPX Rule
From: eu1sa@belsonet.net (Vladimir Sidorov)
Date: Tue Mar 2 13:15:41 1999
Hi all!

Leaving apart emotions (negative in EU and positive stateside),
I believe, everybody should agree that we gonna run a completely new contest.
For sure it will not be the WPX as it was during decades.

The DXCC Commitee was fair enough when, setting up new DXCC rules, they used
the term "DXCC-2000". By that they emphasized substantial changes in the
program. In our "WPX" case a similar approach might also be taken.
No doubt, the contest turns to be much more attractive for the USA. But as a
result, the whole world scores' breakdown this year will be completely
different, isn't it.
Actually I just want to say, we enter a new era, we gonna get a new top level
contest and we have to say, good bye, to the old WPX.

73s,
"Walt", EU1SA        eu1sa@belsonet.net