[CQ-Contest] Re: WPX rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: WPX rules
From: felipe@isla.net (Felipe J. Hernandez)
Date: Wed Mar 3 13:59:01 1999
ufff...
Ive always thought that the new WPX rules would affect negatively
the contest....to this point I still dont know, but this message
out of the previous 5 thousand received in the past year or so
makes a lot of sense. I never cared since it was "just WPX"
But maybe if things change and respect is added to the contest
we may just enjoyed it to the point of more contest and less bla, bla,bla.

Felipe
NP4Z

Yes, WPX is ruined now - not!  Instead of 3 guys in the USA trying to win,
there might be 10 or so.

The WPX is a great contest because of the international activity.  It has
never received much respect in the USA because the log checking has always
been suspect and the dates are poor (who wants to give up another holiday
weekend).

I suspect that the only difference is now Europeans will experience how much
fun it is to listen to someone far away work guys in their same continent
for points.

Randy, K5ZD