[CQ-Contest] Re: SS-LOG Super-Check

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS-LOG Super-Check
From: k0hb@uswest.net (Radio K0HB)
Date: Sat Mar 6 21:58:18 1999
K5GA writes:

> I just got the answers back from Tree for my SS CW operation at
WX0B.

> I don't feel SS should be checked as hard as Sprint because of the tremendous
> amount of unique information that is exchanged in SS.

This, in my mind, is *PRECISELY* why SS *should* be checked very
strenuously.  SS has it's roots in traffic handling, and the emphasis
of the contest has always been a "copying" contest.  Rather than "59KW
<supercheck partial>", this contest stresses good ears and penalizes
"fast and dirty" operating.

> The idea of checking so diligently is going to force the Top 10
> stations to record the contest and edit it afterward.

Naw, it's going to force the "Top 10 stations" to take special care to
"get it right" or they won't be "Top 10".

Your mileage may vary.

73, de Hans, K0HB