[CQ-Contest] I need Info

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I need Info
From: W2CE@prodigy.net (W2CE)
Date: Sun Mar 14 10:26:31 1999
>         If you replace all the silicon diodes, which would be a good
> idea as they're very inexpensive, do not install the equalizing
> resistors and ceramic capacitors across the diodes.

The diodes in the PS doubler string can be replaced with almost
anything, including the 3,000 PIV 1 amp diodes sold in multipacks at
Radio Shack.

I always told myself I would buy a set of diode blocks from K2AW's
Silicon Alley but when I watched the HV drop in half one contest, off I
was to Radio Shack. Fortunately total down time with a trip to get the
diodes was only 40 minutes. Impressed the uy I was workig when I came
back up on frequency.

Don't overindulge in specsmanship and don't automatically not trust R/S

--

       73,  Bob Reed,  W2CE

 W2CE@prodigy.net   W2CE@aol.com    W2CE@juno.com    W2CE@arrl.net