[CQ-Contest] Copy of: Shack power

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Copy of: Shack power
From: n5nj@att.net (n5nj@att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 17:38:50 1999
This is 100% correct.

Hams should be able to do their own electrical work -
shouldn't we ?

If we can work on amplifiers with high voltage power
supplies etc., we should be able to handle this "low
voltage" stuff.

With that said, I would strongly suggest that if anyone
has any doubt how to proceed and how to do the work in
compliance with code, you should not begin the work at
all.  Contact your local electrical inspector for advice
and guidance.

As Jim says, many inspectors are helpful - some are
not.  If you determine that you need professional
assistance, the inspector can probably provide you with
a list of reputable electricians in your area.

With electricity, if there's any doubt - don't !

73,
Bob N5NJ