[CQ-Contest] SS Log check

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Log check
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Mar 24 13:24:41 1999
At 10:07 AM 3/24/1999 -0800, George Fremin III wrote:

>Dick Green writes:
>>
>> Note that I did not check over my log prior to submission. Now I know
that's
>> a mistake!
>
>I dont think it is a mistake - I think that the idea of a
>contest is to copy the information DURING the contest.

Although I think it's OK to use Control N notes recorded during the contest
as the basis for post-contest repairs, where the mechanics of the moment
precluded going back into the log to make a fix when you realized it.

>After all the whole point is to exchange information on the radio.
>

>> I had a 3.8% error rate, which is pretty lame. But I was pleased to see
that
>> I only had four busted calls out of 1016 QSOs. Three of those were typical
>
>>From the reports I have seen I would say that your error rate is
>VERY good.  Maybe Tree can tell us the distrbuttion in error rates
>so that people can get an idea as to how they compare to others
>in the contest.

This would be very interesting to see.  I also wonder what the "error rate"
number really means -- presumably the percentage of score reduction?

73,  Pete N4ZR
Loud is good