[CQ-Contest] Alpha 78 and FT1000MP?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alpha 78 and FT1000MP?
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue Apr 13 14:13:21 1999

Hi

I wonder if anyone is using this combo?

Anectdotally they work well together. However I
believe that the relay line in the Alpha is
28v DC ( not sure about the current?), and yet the FT is only specified to 15V
and 100mA. Therefore at first sight the FT will not key the Alpha.

One could adopt the opposite approach and key the Alpha, and let the Alpha key
the FT, and most keyers will handle the voltage with ease. However is there not
the
n an issue with the typical computer keying interface. I confess I don't have
the 2N2222 data to hand, and I cannot remember in fact what xstr I used in my
keying
 interface (2N706 perhaps?), but surely there is an issue here.

Advice appreciated.

73

Clive

GW3NJW