[CQ-Contest] Re: LAX is not LA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: LAX is not LA
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 10:48:55 1999
> > > Most of the people who busted QSOs with my exchange were dinged
> > > for submitting LA instead of LAX. Now on phone it seems to me
> > > that shouldn't be a cause for a busted QSO,
> > > as Los Angeles IS LA.
>
> Maybe we need to develope and spread a new set of abbreviations in the
> cases of onflicting ones.  LAX - LA   SD -SDG  are certainly at the top
> of the error list.

Yup.  This is the corrective action I am taking after having enough
stupid mistakes to keep me from moving up a position in the CW
results.  SF won't be logged, and I need to enter either SFL or SFO.

We already have a three letter designation for LA - LAX.  The tougher
one was Louisiana - which I have decided to make LOU.  ORG and ORE
are another pair.

Tree N6TR
n6tr@contesting.com