[CQ-Contest] FT-1000 Vs FT-1000MP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000 Vs FT-1000MP
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon May 3 09:57:37 1999

>Folks, I want to buy a rig to my station, and I found 2 available one
>FT-1000 (the cheapeast version) and one FT-1000MP, as I haven't any
>comparation between then, I'll be very appreciated any comment or
>sugestion to help my buy.
>Many Thanks for read thhis message.

Claudio,

I have an FT-1000 and LOVE it.  It is a terrific rig and has excellent RX
and filtering capabilities.  In addition, the 200 Watt power output is
really nice.  Some contests have low power at up to 150 Watts so if you
ever operate low power in contests, you can have an edge over the typical
100 Watt station.

I don't know much about the FT-1000MP except to say that a very good
friend of mine bought one and promptly sold it a week or two later.  He
used it in last fall's CQWW contest and didn't like it at all.  He said
the RX was really bad and overloaded too easily in heavy QRM situations.
My friend is an excellent contester.  The station he operated from set
some new records.  He is now looking for an FT-1000.  He worked ZL9CI
from my station and couldn't believe how nice the FT-1000's RX was.

On the other hand, some guys really like the 1000MP.

I hope this helps.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na