[CQ-Contest] QSO Parties

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Parties
From: v31jp@logical123.net (v31jp@logical123.net)
Date: Tue May 4 13:16:40 1999
In many cases, I agree with Dave. What would recommend to many
of the QSO party organizers would be to combine your efforts into
a multiunit QSO party. Something like the Utah/Delaware/RI/Ont
QSO Party. Then each state sponsorer would take turns each
year in administrating the event. The result would be increased
activity, one contest on a given weekend, and not a whole lot
of change in contest structure, except for a larger multiplier
list. QSO Party sponsorers, take a look at the contest calendar
for the weekend of your party and see who else has one the same
weekend. Or, if you are on the same weekend as a biggy, look
a few weekends either way. The partner does not have to be right
next door geographically. Hey, us outsiders get to swing our beams
a bit, now and then!

Another thing to look at is the length of some of these QSO parties.
For the activity level, they are way too long. A couple of 5 or 6
hour periods or one 8 to 10 hour period is plenty.

--
73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly
Joe Pontek