[CQ-Contest] Qso Parties

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Qso Parties
From: k8wt@eatrf.com (Richard F. Brake)
Date: Tue May 4 20:38:26 1999
Guys

I think a state qso party, presents a great opportunity to bring a new
ham or non hf
ham into the world of hf contesting. When the state you live in has
theirs, why not
have a get together or as someone else mentioned, go mobiling, with a
new ham
if your setup for it ?

It seems easier to get guys interested in something if it's an event,
that they will be
a part of, rather that just coming to see a station demo.

Normally the bands and operators are a lot friendlier on a qso party
weekend,
than field day, or CQWW. We have all seen that horrified look on a guys
face
when you put in the chair for the first time on field day weekend.

Slow rates can be good sometimes.

73
Rick
K8WT