[CQ-Contest] Paper logs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Paper logs
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 10 09:44:06 1999
I still get many paper logs for the CQ WW 160 Contests (Just got one with
555Q's from a UA4) and many more that are computer generated that send me a
paper log.   Granted hand logs are subject to readability errors but we seem
to forget that many don't have access to a computer (the UA4 used a UW3DI
tube exciter and small tube amp).   This group is getting smaller but let's
don't restrict the contest to the latest PC and newest gear.  My
transceivers are 16 and 17 years old at my station and I run CT 8 on a
386SL20 notebook.

I had one W7 enter the CQ 160 CW with converted ARC-5 gear and 5 watts (me
made 70Q's)..that WW II gear.

Please don't type in entire paper logs either.   There is nothing wrong with
old fashioned cross checking.

My .02 cents worth

Dave K4JRB