[CQ-Contest] targeting new contesters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] targeting new contesters
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 5 11:26:29 1999

One thing that definitely will NOT attract new contesters from within the
ARRL membership is the SS write-ups. The text is fine but the complete lack
of photos and soapbox makes both write-ups totally lifeless. If I didn't have
a vested interest, I would thumb over the write-up and head straight for the
Silent Keys.

I recently got the CQ CD of the WW DX results from '47 to '97. I have had
some great quiet moments looking back at the photos of us before we had gray
(or no) hair and remembering some of the heated competitions we had. We still
have the competition, but there will not be much emotion spawned by the new
SS write-ups.

Tom, K5RC