[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Youth contesting...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Youth contesting...
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 20:41:11 1999
Bill;

Great input! The letter stimulated an idea that, perhaps, contesting.com
might be the place to have a mentor resource page where those who are
interested in hosting the "deserving up-and-coming" could make their
intentions known.

When my station was in its glory, I ran a home for wayward young contesters
like K5ZD, K5GN, N5JJ, KN5H and N5EA. I would be willing to continue the
tradition, but don't know how to make myself available in my new QTH. Perhaps
there are others in the wings who would make themselves (and perhaps) their
stations available to help those who are hardware/location/resource
challenged develop their contesting skills.

An on-line list might also describe the extent of involvement potential
mentors might desire like; putting on presentations at local club meetings;
hosting multi-ops; trading tower work for solo contest weekends; etc.

What do you guys think?

Tom, K5RC
aka K7GJ