[CQ-Contest] OM Catagory ??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] OM Catagory ??
From: k7qq@juno.com (Rex J Maner)
Date: Fri Jun 4 05:13:55 1999
-
From: "Bob Wruble" <ai7b@teleport.com>

speaking of aging, i've been thinking that we need a "seniors"
division in many of the iron man tests......most sports like golfing
etc. have it..........im 62 now and just can't hold my edge like in
my younger years!!   just trying to compete from the NW is a
big enuf challange.

73 de bob  w7gg, ai7b, ww7or

Quacks
A-Men Bob   I'm fast aproaching 67 and would have to agree that I no
longer even try to keep up with those young Bucks, Contesting that is.

Give us a seperate catagory for Older (60 Plus )  Maybe even shorter
hours than   36 WPX or  48 CQWW    say  24 WPX and  24-30 in CQWW. then
us Older hams would have somone to compete against.

W7RM  suggested this catagory several years ago but at that time there
wasn't a contest reflector to have it bounced around.

                        K7QQ  Rex
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Aging ranks. (was WPX Rumination)

>>We're not going to encourage
>>younger hams to contest if the contests are during traditional
>>family-oriented holiday weekends.
>
>The CQWW CW & WPX CW contest dates have nothing to do with the aging
>contest ranks and changing the dates will do nothing to attract younger
>contesters.
>
>Suggestions on how to do so...
>
>- Host a multi-op and invite newbies.  I owe everything to K4VX for
having
>me.  I'll never do enough to equal his generosity.
>
>- Write an article.  NCJ, CQ-Contest, Contesting Online, local club.
They
>are all mediums for expressing yourself.  Write a motivational piece.
>
>- Help your club.  Be an activities director.  Has anyone noticed what
K1ZM
>did for the YCCC this past year?  As I hear it, he has single handedly
>brought the YCCC back as the winning club in the DX contests by beating
on
>doors and getting people on the air.
>
>- Sponsor a plaque.
>
>- Be a volunteer (log checker, certificates, etc).
>

>My point?     ******* DO SOMETHING !!! *******
>
>Anything.
>
>73
>

>Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
>http://www.contesting.com
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]