[CQ-Contest] Unlicensed ops

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unlicensed ops
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Wed Jul 14 20:20:58 1999

>       - This is OK for domestic QSOs, but what are the rules for
> International QSOs?

This is technically third-party traffic and is governed by the
international agreements.

>       - Is this technically third-party communications governed by 97.115
> of the FCC Rules?

Yep.

>       - Must I be careful to prevent my friend from contacting someone in
>         country WITHOUT a third-party agreement?

Yep.

>       - If all is OK, how do I credit him in the summary sheet, "K3PP +
> Joe Blow"?

Yep.  Mr. Blow will be fully credited in the results as "J. Blow".

Seriously...get yourself a copy of the ARRL "FCC Rule Book" and open it to
the page that has the list of countries with which we have the necessary
agreement to allow third-party traffic.  They are mostly Caribbean and
South American countries.  Pitcairn is also listed.  So, you might want
Mr. Blow in front of the rig when the band is open to the south and not
during the EU and JA openings.

73, Ward N0AX
Father of ex-third parties KD7DQO and KD7FYX