[CQ-Contest] RE: QRL?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: QRL?
From: k7qq@juno.com (Rex J Maner)
Date: Mon Jul 19 16:08:53 1999

Interesting topic.  I've been on the bands for some 37 years or so, and
I've
never heard of  using "IE" to query if a frequency is available.

I've got the same problem, NEVER heard of the "IE" thing before and I was
in my first contest in  1962     SS   and my ck  was 62 then.  I didn't
copy all the info that was sent to me then  and still don't  if the
removed Q's from my log are an indication.

Quack   aka  K7QQ

 Maybe its
because I've only been contesting for about the last solar cycle. I have
nothing against IE for this use (esp since I now know what it means :),
but I
think I'll continue using QRL?...   reason being that most folks probably

still are as ignorant as am (was?) ... and QRL? seems to be fairly well
recognized.

See y'all in the Calif QSO Party  Oct 2&3   ....   plan ahead

73, Al  AD6E