[CQ-Contest] FQP Log Status

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FQP Log Status
From: wd4ahz@gte.net (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Wed Jul 28 13:26:50 1999
For those wondering about the status of the Florida QSO Party logs ...
some paper logs are still to be entered into the computer, before log
checking can begin.  As we only have a few part-time volunteers to do
this work, the logs get keyed in when the help and time is available.
Sending in "computer logs" (even if it's in ASCII form in the correct
format keyed in manually) saves us a lot of work!  Sending in the .LOG
file from your contest logging program, is even better!  (Take a look at
K8CC's postings on CQ-Contest about his work with the ARRL 10 Meter
logs, and you'll see what we are facing - just on a smaller scale!)

We DO NOT take the "claimed" scores, and publish those as "final".  Each
log is checked and compared to each other, and if necessary, QSO's
removed and penalties assessed.  We take our work with the FQP very
seriously, to make it a quality contest with quality results.

Since the deadline for log submissions was the end of May (2 months
ago), I think a little bit of time to do all this IS acceptable!  QST
used to get 6 months or so before they publish (even longer now that
"real" log checking takes place) ... CQ sometimes gets a year!

We will post an announcement to the various lists when the results are
finished and available for viewing.

Thanks for your patience ...

73, Ron

--