[CQ-Contest] Re: TS-850 sensitivity

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: TS-850 sensitivity
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jul 3 11:03:23 1999

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 09:56:47 -0400 (EDT) TOMK5RC@aol.com writes:

>While we are on this thread, I have been using a two-radio setup for
>about a
>year now. I have a FT10000MP-AL1200 and TS850SAT-MLA2500 with a WX0B
>Six Pak
>antenna switch. In the last few months, the sensitivity of the '850
>has gone
>in the toilet. Since we don't have lightning problems, I am
>attributing it to
>the two-radio environment. Anyone with similar symptoms? Any
>bulletproof mods
>out there for the '850?
>
>Tom, K5RC
>aka K7GJ

Tom,

No bandpass filters? I think they are the real answer.

Otherwise, you could do the Separate Receive Antenna Mod for
the 850, and add a Radio Shack fast-acting 250 ma fuse in the
antenna lead in an external quick-access box. Maybe you could
throw a #47 light bulb in series, too. That's an old witch doctor
remedy, but I feel more comfortable with the fuse. The external receive
antenna mod is documented on one of the contesting web pages,
ka9fox I think.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com