[CQ-Contest] IARU HF Rules and Assisted stations ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Rules and Assisted stations ?
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed Jul 14 09:59:21 1999
I humbly apologize to the ARRL and all the operators at W1AW/9 this past
weekend.  I really should have read the rules again before posting my hasty
reply to Bob, UT1IA and the reflector.

Use of packet is indeed allowed for multi-op stations, to which most of the
HQ stations qualify.

Furthermore, the practice of "self-spotting", while I personally don't like
it, isn't prohibited by the rules.  And even if it were, Jim KH2D has a
good point that there is no way to verify that the station that's making
the spots is actually who they claim to be.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/