[CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question
From: n2bim@njdxa.org (Gene Ingraham, N2BIM)
Date: Wed Aug 4 05:39:27 1999

Oh Really?  Without trying to flame Tyler, (who, giving him the
benefit of the doubt, may not have completely considered what he was
typing before he hit the send button) I need to respond.

What right does anyone else have to tell the rest us how to have fun?

I happen to be one of those 79/79 (it is currently 79, you know) for
the SSB contest.  And, I did it using the PacketCluster Node that I
have here on the other side of the shack.  I submitted my entry with
the Multi-Ops and I was listed as such (N2BIM +Packet).  And I didn't
send in for a mug.  The first and only mug I ever sent for back a good
number of years ago broke off at the handle the first time I took it
out of the box!

But I had FUN doing 79/79.  Is that an OK thing to do?  Have fun?

I don't like SSB.  I like CW.  For CW SS, I get on and operate
whatever time my schedule allows.  (Yes.  I definitely devote more
time for CW because I like it.)  And I don't use packet.  I made 500+
QSOs in 1999, and thought I had a Sweep (until Tree got at the log
<G>).  I guess for both modes I qualify as a casual op. And, for both
modes, I don't care about, nor do I plan on winning anything .  I just
want to have some FUN.

So who gives anybody the right to be pissed off because that's what I
want to do in the SSB test?  Does everybody have an attitude like
this?   If so, maybe this year, I won't bother getting on in SSB at
all.  Then those 79 ops won't get any QSOs at all.

Or, maybe I'll get on and operate all weekend.  Nobody, not even me,
knows yet.

But no one else has any right to tell me what I can and cannot do.

73,  Gene...N2BIM..>>

PS:  I haven't "bragged" to anybody about it, and I don't consider SS
to be DXing, poor or otherwise.