[CQ-Contest] Preferred size of computer monitor

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Preferred size of computer monitor
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 21 09:54:53 1999
The trend seems to be toward larger montitors these days, 17" and 19"
areon many if not most of our desks at work.  This is great for mutliple
windows programs as well as those with weak eyes.  What about the ham
shack??  A recent thread asked about the arrangement of the shack's
desktop; replies seemed to show that the monitor occupies the central
location.  With the larger monitors taking more space, thus squeezing
the rigs farther away, is there an advantage to the older, smaller
monitors such as 15" or 14" or even 13" (also cheaper!) for the contest
shack?  Also, what about the two computer user - do you favor smaller
monitors?  At one time I recall having a 9" monitor which I sold because
it was too small for daily work, but maybe I should be looking for a pair?

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
n4tz@arrl.net