[CQ-Contest] ARRL Proposals

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Proposals
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Thu Aug 26 22:01:07 1999
On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 10:21:44PM +0100, Al Crespo wrote:

> For those of you who saw  the BY team at WRTC 96 send CW at 50 WPM on a
> straight key, and also copy at that speed, that type of skill would have no
> place in the League's proposal of grid squares because it does not use a
> computer.

I do not believe that the League has made a proposal to change the
ARRL DX contest exchange to include grid squares.  We know they've
asked the CAC to think about alternatives to the present exchange,
but that's all.

All this discussion of grid squares or serial numbers or ITU zones is
just us contesters debating the "what if..."s.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page