[CQ-Contest] Grid Square Update

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Grid Square Update
From: dmcduff@gate.net (Douglas A. McDuff)
Date: Fri Aug 27 12:15:48 1999
While we remain fully committed to sponsoring and supporting a grid square
contest, if appropriate, we would be remiss if we did not take a moment to
reflect on the information furnished by George, K5TR.

Having had the opportunity to now visit the web sites for both the OKDXC
World Wide Locator contest (2nd weekend in March) and the TOEC WW Grid
Contest (CW this weekend), can someone perhaps enlighten us as to honestly
how the new grid square contest under consideration would not be redundant?

Again, we are committed to stepping into the breech, but only if there
really exists a need.  So what say ye?  Is there a legitimate void?  Or
should we more appropriately look to supporting the two existing
contests?  If the latter, I am capable of trying not to live up to the
connotation of the suffix of my call -:).

In the meantime, we want to thank everyone for your input as to the
proposed format and rules.

Thanks & 73 de Doug W4OX, President Florida Contest Club