[CQ-Contest] Let's NOT Have a Grid Square Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Let's NOT Have a Grid Square Contest
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon Aug 23 14:53:12 1999
Rex J Maner wrote:

>Follows is a reason to have a Grid Sq. contest.  The ARRL is a DX contest
>not   VHF  let the rovers do what ever they desire on VHF but try to Load
>a Tri-Bander on the P/U and go running around making Q's.

Rex,

Since you modified my original subject line, I feel the need to address
this.  I don't think the ARRL contest should be changed to a grid square
contest.  What other changes are needed, I don't care.

I DO think it would be fun to have a seperate contest where Grid
Squares/roving/etc are all part of the process on HF.  You don't need a
tri-bander on your car.  A vertical whip will work nicely.

I was proposing a seperate contest.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na