[CQ-Contest] HF Contest Distance-Based Scoring

Subject: [CQ-Contest] HF Contest Distance-Based Scoring
From: w6rw@earthlink.net (Michael S. Mitchell)
Date: Tue Aug 24 23:53:10 1999
After reading several proposals on changing the ARRL DX Contest exchange
to include grid squares so that the scoring can eventually be based on
distance, I am sitting here trying to figure out how short path, long
path and skewed path QSOs can be scored and how those distances can be
checked with log checking software. Does anybody have any ideas on how
to compute these distances in an HF contest?

I still don't think that the ARRL DX Contest should be changed...its a
great contest that is just not broken!