[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!
From: aa8u@modempool.com (Bruce Lallathin)
Date: Wed Sep 1 19:32:16 1999
At 04:23 PM 9/1/99 -0400, W2CE wrote:

>ARRL is either disinterested or unwilling to even challenge SO logs where the
>person has been logged into his local cluster.  If that cheating can be done
>in public view, how do you present busted calls, miscopied reports, and the
>other items singled out by computer checking.

====================================

Is it not still within the contest rules for a SO station to use packet for
generating spots?

I seem to recall that CT will allow SO entries to put out spots but not to see
any traffic on the cluster. Are you assuming that all SO stations logged onto a
packet system are cheating? I hope not. So far I haven't figured a way to
generate packet spots without being connected to a packet cluster either via RF
link or TELNET session. I trust you will straighten me out about this if I am
in error. BTW I have entered single op AND used packet to generate spots to
assist local multi-ops......I certainly didn't think I was cheating. Tell me if
you see it otherwise.

As for the rest of his post, he may have some valid points.

73,
Bruce
AA8U