[CQ-Contest] CQWW Multiplier Station

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Multiplier Station
From: k0hb@arrl.org (Hans Brakob - K0HB)
Date: Tue Oct 26 13:12:33 1999
Trey Garlough wrote:

> > "Transmitting outside your mode"?
> > Uh, what about packetcluster?  Seems to be similar...
>
> > A little grey perhaps?
>
> I don't think so.  If it's a CW contest you shouldn't go trolling the
> phone bands for multipliers.

Maybe I mis-interpret his intent, but it seemed clear to me that he
was *not* going to operate SSB, but CW.   He said  "I'm talking about real
CW qsos...".

CW is allowed on absolutely every single KHz of our bands except
219-220MHz.  Thus he is not "outside the CW bands".

Therefor his plan seems totally legal.  Unconventional, even hokey, and
unlikely to net many QSO's (would *you* answer a CW call at 14.205?),
but not illegal.

73, Hans, K0HB