[CQ-Contest] Working Dupes [PLUS more]

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Dupes [PLUS more]
From: DougKR2Q@aol.com (DougKR2Q@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 21:07:58 1999
In a message dated 12/13/99 4:13:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, wd4ahz@gte.net
writes:

<< Another story on should we work dupes or not ... >>

Yeah...work them!  I was qrp, but actually had folks duping me!  I told the
first one "dupe" but then worked him anyway...from then on, I just worked
everybody (with qrp, they may have had doubts and decided not to log it, even
after they got my call right anyway...it happens).

I also sent the callsign of everyone I called (during the exchange) except
for the first 10 qso's.  When someone did that to me, I thought, "gee...isn't
that stupid...I know my own call" but then I kept doing it cuz I thought it
would help confirm a real TWO WAY qso.

I also worked several guys who I sent the WRONG call to and they didn't
bother to correct me...just an experiment...that (I guess) failed.

de Doug KR2Q