[CQ-Contest] 10 Meter Contest Rule Violations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10 Meter Contest Rule Violations
From: wo4o@juno.com (RICHARD PAINTER)
Date: Thu Dec 16 16:29:51 1999
Is this like the law in some states whereby firecrackers  *can be sold*
but  they *cannot be bought*?  Funny-strange stuff, actually
(unfortunately?).
When the offending CQers are Dqed, this will send a strong signal.
When laws, rules, regulations are not enforced, what good are they?

For those who want these rules enforced, I suggest you collect evidence
against the offending station(s) (record the date, time, place of the
offense,
capture the identity of the offender in the act of the offense, etc.) and
file a
formal protest with the contest sponsor and present the evidence, asking
for the offender to be DQed.  There may be other steps in the process but
this is what comes to mind at the moment.  (You can ask the contest
sponsor what would be considered acceptible evidence for DQ purposes
and what their proper protest procedure is.)  That would be a start.

73, Ric - Wo4o