[CQ-Contest] More Skewering the Power-skewed Stew

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More Skewering the Power-skewed Stew
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Wed Dec 22 06:57:01 1999
While one has to be careful to avoid category-bloat, consider how many
significant contests lump everyone together.

The last major one I can think of is SS.  Didn't it used to have a 1.5
multiplier for low power entrants?

Luckily, the Stew Perry TBDC isn't a large, entrenched beast that can't
change.  I'm sure it will evolve for the better & this should include a
reasonable amount of categorization, otherwise it will become effectively
what it was meant to improve upon - a top band domestic US test.

73, VR2BrettGraham
(where a QRP multiper of 1E10^6 wouldn't help, as zero times anything is
zero!)